"The cycle of Love that God pours into our life is not complete until it is pouring out of ours to meet the needs of other people."
-Joyce Meyer

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Card Prayer Basket


My sister and law, Sarah, mentioned this idea to me on New Year's Eve and I thought it was so clever. Christmas cards are always an exciting part of the holidays. I love getting them in the mail and getting to see how children and families have grown and changed since the previous year. We tape all our cards on some doors in our kitchen and it's always so hard for me to take them down. I know how much everyone spends on them and I just love seeing all the photos. It's such a reminder of the blessing of family and friends, new and old, that we have in our lives.
Sarah had either heard from a friend or read on a blog of a family that puts all of their cards in a bowl or basket in their kitchen. They let the kids pick one card each night at dinner and they mention that family in their prayers. I think this is a great way to teach our children how to pray for the people we love and care about! And simple.
So, our cards have now moved from our doors to a basket on our breakfast table. If you sent a Christmas card this year....know that the Jones Family is praying for you in 2011.
Thanks Sarah for the wonderful idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment