"The cycle of Love that God pours into our life is not complete until it is pouring out of ours to meet the needs of other people."
-Joyce Meyer

Friday, January 7, 2011

Ideas as I make my NY Resolution List for 2011

I'm so inspired by the people around me lately! Surrounded by some great friends doing great things. So, as I get my head wrapped around my 2011 New Year's Resolutions....I'm going to keep these two things in mind as I make out my list....it's always really long. I'm definitely a list person. LOVE to write down a goal and then cross it off. Kinda the only way I really get things done. So...I'm thinking these two will make the list this year.

#1: The 3 day Susan G. Komen Walk! I tagged along with one of my absolute best girlfriends, Jamie, a while back, in October when our husbands were camping with our boys. She did this walk a couple years ago and this year she had some friends doing the 3 day walk and wanted to go cheer them on. So, I went with her and I was so super inspired by all those women walking in pink, men walking in bras strapped to their chests, all coming together to walk to celebration, in honor and in memory of friends, family and complete strangers who have battled breast cancer. I want to be part of it this year....very cool! So, who's doing it with me??? That's the next thing I have to figure out :) http://www.the3day.org/site/PageServer




#2: Help to Make A Wish come true for a little boy or girl! My friend Corrie and her 3 siblings have recently decided to get involved with Make A Wish Foundation. They are currently working on organizing wishes for 2 different children. Everyone knows about Make a Wish Foundation. But, I didn't realize how easy it is to help make those wishes come true for a little boy or girl who is sick in the hospital. She goes to meet them, gets to know them, and with the resources that Make a Wish has and the finances already set in place they help you organize this exciting day for a child. I can't wait to hear how these wishes turn out that she is working on! Those kids soooo deserve it! http://www.wish.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment