"The cycle of Love that God pours into our life is not complete until it is pouring out of ours to meet the needs of other people."
-Joyce Meyer

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome Home A Hero

I saw some coverage on the news last night about the Welcome a Hero Home Program, and I know my husband, Chris will be anxious to participate soon. He grew up a Colonel's son, so he knows first hand how it feels to watch a loved one leave for war. My father and law was gone for a year during the Gulf War. Chris remembers every detail of the day he welcomed his dad home and talks about it often. Some days, I think we all get so busy from the time we wake up in the a.m. to the moment we lay our heads on our soft pillows at night, and we forget. We forget that there are so many men and women sacrificing so much to serve our country. Chris & I try to point out a "hero" to the kids when we see a solider in uniform, just like we would if we passed an officer or fireman. And now, learning from my husband's example, I try to reach out a hand to a solider and say "Thank You" if I pass one in the airport or in town. Greyson knows that they are special people that do important work for the United States of America. In teaching Greyson to pray, he started mimicking Chris in prayer at such a young age, "God, thank you for our soliders and please watch over them and bring them back home." This will feel great to welcome some soldiers home!  


Visit the website www.welcomehomeahero.com

If you click on "About Us", you'll see very detailed information about how to greet these men and women as they walk off their flight for some much needed and well deserved R&R!
This is one of the soldiers that we love and pray for each time he leaves for Afghanistan.


No comments:

Post a Comment